Monday 22 September 2008

Boo to meekness

Sunday saw United play Chelsea and come within 10 minutes of ending their 84 game home unbeaten run. It would have been a deserved victory as the brave team selection (Park and Fletcher played from the start with Tevez and Ronnie benched) played well in a system that for long periods frustrated Chelsea.

However, for the second week in a row my jaw dropped when it came to the crucial substitution. Park had run his legs off, putting in a strong performance going forward while tracking back with dogged determination; there's only one choice right? Tevez non? Big Uh AH noise as O'Shea lumbered onto the pitch almost immediately demonstrating with a windmill kick of his leg (slicing the clearance) just why he has united fans holding their heads in their hands upon his introduction. Chelsea equalised within 4 minutes....

Such frustration I took out on the lawn, cutting it by hand with shears........very zen like. I recommend it, I ached so much after I finished I'd forgotten the frustration the football had caused me.......

No comments: