Monday 8 September 2008

Quick round up

This morning while in a state of new calmness I read my previous postings, and I laughed. Jeez, if nothing else I find myself amusing. So in the spirit of the new Positive me I've taken that as a good sign.

My other postings related to football and in all they turned out to be quite truthful. We were ruthless, while Arsenal were prettier up until a rash of ill timed injuries derailed their campaign. The European cup night was a splendid affair. Rich, Ade, G, Bish, Paul and I (plus one mystery girl whose ID I never really got and certainly can't recall now) encamped in a great bar, the sheer tension of the penalty shoot out, calmly accepting out immient defeat, Rich not looking as John Terry slipped and put wide his kick and aside the dreams of Chelsea. Magic moments as VDS made the winning safe from Anelka. I've watched it since, many times, on Youtube and it all seems so unreal. It's like it never really happened. I blame the alcohol consumed. One of my fav memories of that night is my brother and I stood at a bar (I've no idea where) reeling around, so happy, drunk as you like knowing that in 4 hours I had to be on my way to work... That Thursday was a torture...... Fabulous times....

No comments: