Thursday 11 September 2008

“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always be where you’ve always been.”

I like the title of this thread - I've listed it to act as a reminder that I'm meant to be in a new pattern of thought and action. However, after a visually stimulating yesterday I barely slept last night and am like the walking dead this morning. Inside my head last night was a scene of torture as it dug up and put on the walls my every perceived failure, incidents where I've been the bad guy, the stupid guy or the guy who just didn't get it. It made me want to wail loudly, thump my pillow and throw myself out the window into the cool night air. I didn't do any of that,, just quietly wish that I could turn a new page and start anew.......... this however has got to come from me.

Last night England put together an unexpectedly superb performance against Croatia and won 4-1. As I've described on emails since it was Rooney as the composer and Walcott the arching violin solo. Those two bode well for the future although we must bear in mind that England did beat Germany 7 years ago 5-1 and while we sunk with failure clinging to our coattails Germany progressed to a world cup final.

I was meant to be out tonight but I've cancelled. The reason? I have a spot on my chin that seems to want to co-exist with me. I'm 35 and still getting spots. Is this a good or bad thing? I'm not sure, but I'm going to subscribe to the line of thinking that states this is indicative of my skin still being young! Now I just need my brain and it's thought processes to return to it's scene of youth....

No comments: