Thursday 18 September 2008

Take my breath away (not literally......that'd be dead bad....)

Had a day yesterday of feeling like my chest was being utterly constricted. Horrible, but hey thats asthma for ya. The payback being in the evening settling down to watch United draw 0-0 with Villareal, while drinking beer and eating pizza with my gf. Happy times.....

There are many places in the world I'd like to go visit and anywhere that is out of my comfort zone I always find beautiful. Check out below the oasis shots


These are the Ubari Lakes which are part of Erg Awbari Oasis in the Sahara. Located near Fezzan and 30kms north of Germa in Libya, these salt water lakes are a central trading point for many locals, who gather at the edges of the lake selling souvenirs and other goods.















I love the following shot; This stunning image shows three men quenching their thirst at a small waterfall in the Saharan oasis of Timia, in Niger. It’s a picture perfect portrait of everyday oasis life for local desert dwellers.

No comments: